I was trying to find available domain names for a project I’m planning to start. All the ones that came to mind were already taken. I wrote a simple script that would query the Namecheap API with various combinations of keywords and TLDs to see which combinations are still available. That script worked fairly well. Then I came across gocui which allows you to build ncurses style terminal GUI apps in Go. I decided to extend my simple script and build a full fledged GUI app.
Continue reading “gomainr – Interactive terminal tool to find available domains for various combinations of keywords and TLDs”
To improve my Go workflow I wanted to tie a Go code debugger into VIM.
Even though Go is a mature language there doesn’t seem to be an officially supported debugger at this point in time.
I found 3 different projects:
Continue reading “Go Vim Debugging with GDB”
I created a small Magento 1 module that simulates sales activity on the site. It will loop through last 20 orders and show little popups on the bottom of the page notifying shopping customers about a purchase by another customer. You can configure duration, frequency and content of the popup.
Continue reading “Magento New Order Notification Widget”
One of my clients was facing another five figure licencing fee for Magento EE when we got talking about the actual benefits of Magento EE over CE. The main reason the client was using EE was to have access to EE support. The site is a major retailer and any kind of downtime would cause substantial financial loss. In the 3 years of using EE we had contacted the support twice, both times with less than stellar results.
Continue reading “Magento EE to CE downgrade recap”
I have been following Angular development for a couple of years now. As Angular 2 is almost ready I figured I would give it a try. I was asked if I could develop a simple site for a class my girlfriend teaches and I figured that would be a low risk opportunity to try Angular 2.
Continue reading “Angular 2 first impressions”